This website, www.mdelectricaldistributor.co.uk, is operated by M+D Electrical Distributors (1995) Ltd (referred to as "M+D", "we", "our" or "us"). These terms will apply to all your (referred to as "you" or "your") purchases of items from this Website, whether you are ordering online or by telephone. Please read this document carefully and print it off or download it before placing your order. We may change these terms from time to time. Please check them before you make any new purchase.
Prices & Processing of Orders
- Your contract for purchases made through the website is with M+D.
- We take payment from your Credit or Debit card at the time we receive your order. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
- When processing your order, the information provided will be subject to credit and fraud prevention checks. For these purposes we may transfer your information to third parties and / or countries outside the EEA.
- While all reasonable care is taken to protect the confidentiality of your order and credit card details we cannot be liable if, through no fault of our own, these details are intercepted by and used by third parties.
- All prices and products quoted are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice.
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and M+D until M+D dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by M+D of your offer to buy goods from M+D (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
- M+D aims to arrange shipment of all ‘in stock’ items within 24 hours of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. M+D are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
- You can keep track of your order status yourself on-line with the order tracking facility on your account page. Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from M+D.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
- The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended from time to time.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- You undertake that all details you provide to M+D for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- You must choose a username and password on completion of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the website under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform M+D as soon as possible.
- Registered users are permitted to post reviews on products provided that they comply with our Customer Review Guidelines.
- You acknowledge that any review, feedback or rating which you leave may be published and agree that it may be displayed for as long as we consider appropriate.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against any claim or action brought by third parties, arising out of or in connection with any feedback, ratings or reviews posted by you on the website, including the violation of their privacy or intellectual property rights.
- You grant M+D, royalty-free license to use or edit any reviews posted by you. We reserve the right to publish, edit or remove any reviews without notifying you.
- All orders are subject to availability and we can only guarantee availability whilst stocks last.
- If the goods ordered are unavailable, you will be contacted by e-mail or telephone and will have the option to either wait until the stock is available, replace it with an alternative or cancel your order.
- We will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but delivery dates are approximate and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods.
- Products MUST be inspected upon delivery and refused if any damage is found. No claims for visible damage will be accepted after item has been signed for.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct number of goods delivered
- Any visible damage should be identified to the delivery personnel and noted on their delivery note at the time of refusal.
- In most cases any damage issues will be resolved by our Customer Services team at the point of delivery.
- Do not fit or use a product that is incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Failure to comply with this instruction will deem that you have accepted the goods and you we will be unable to return or replace them because they are incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You have the right, under the Distance Selling Regulations, to cancel your order within seven working days of delivery, starting the day after the goods are received. This must be done in writing, via e-mail, fax or letter to our contact details at the bottom of the page.
- Under the same regulations you have a duty to take reasonable care of the products.
- If you cancel an order after the goods have been delivered, you will be charged the ACTUAL COST of collecting the item. Because we may subsidise our delivery cost when we initially deliver the item to you, the actual cost of collection may be more than you paid for the initial delivery. Please contact us to find out what this charge will be. This charge will generally be deducted from any refund that is due to you, or otherwise invoiced separately to you.
- Where you cancel your order under the Distance Selling Regulations, we will refund your money within 30 days of the day you cancelled your order.
- When we receive the returned goods, we will inspect them to ensure all manuals, accessories and other components are within the returned package and that you have taken reasonable care of the goods. If we receive an item that you have not taken reasonable care of, we shall charge you a fee equivalent to the reduction in the item’s value. If the item has missing components, we shall charge you a further fee to cover the cost of these items. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
- Special order and products made to your personal requirements cannot be returned.
- If we are unable to supply your product within 30 days of order you are entitled to a full refund.
- All electrical products are covered by a 12 month manufacturer guarantee against faulty workmanship and materials, subject to manufacturer conditions. The details of the guarantee will be delivered with your product.
- The guarantee will not apply if the fault arises from fair wear and tear in our reasonable opinion, deliberate damage, accidental damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow manufacturer instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without manufacturer approval.
- The manufacturer’s guarantee is provided in addition to the rights you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
- If your product does not work or appears not to be working correctly, please first check the manufacturers instruction book to ensure that it has been installed and is being used correctly.
- If your goods are faulty and you wish to make a claim under the manufacturer’s guarantee, you must in the first instance contact the manufacturer from the guarantee details provided.
- An engineer will visit you, free of charge, and either repair your product or arrange for an exchange.
- If an exchange is necessary, the manufacturer / supplier will arrange this without unreasonable delay and without charge.
- If the engineer cannot find a fault with the product you may incur a call out charge.
- You should always refer to the operating, care and maintenance instructions in relation to each product.
- All our products are sold for use in residential properties, installation or use of a product in any form of commercial establishment will invalidate the manufactures warranty and any extended warranty purchased.
- All refunds due for whatever reason (other than cancellations under the Distance Selling Regulations) will be made within 30 days of collection of the product.
- Any deductions applicable, such as collection charges, will be deducted from the refund due.
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. You may cancel your entire order with us if subsequent instalments forming part of your order are not delivered by us.
- Delivery dates and times specified by M+D are approximate only.
- For details of our Delivery Charges, please refer to our Delivery & Returns Guidelines.
- We require you to sign a delivery note on receipt of the goods.
- Title to any product ordered will pass to you once M+D has received payment in full for that product. Risk in any product ordered will pass upon delivery to you.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; M+D advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- M+D does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the website is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
- M+D will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, M+D shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify M+D of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- You and M+D will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- The products sold on the website are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, M+D do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the website or for any products or services purchased from M+D.
- All electrical products are covered by a twelve month manufacturer's guarentww. If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact M+D and we will advise you where to send it for repair. It is a "return to base" warranty therefore there will be a delivery charge to return the product back to the relevant UK service centre.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this Website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual product.
- While we try to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights and measurements quoted are approximate.
- Please note that images of products on this Website are for illustrative purposes only. The goods that are delivered may vary slightly from the image supplied by the manufacturer and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods.
- The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the UK.
- No warranties or representations are made about any goods other than as expressly contained in this website. To the extent permissible by law all implied terms, whether by statute or otherwise, are excluded.
- English law applies to these Terms and Conditions and any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the English Courts.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the website shall be owned by us absolutely.
- Subject to the licence granted to you to use the website, M+D reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the website.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the website immediately and without notice to you if:
- you fail to make any payment to us when due;
- you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity; we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the website.
- M+D may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. When M+D do so, it will mention the fact on our home page (www.mdelectricaldistributors.co.uk). For users purchasing goods or registering on the website for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the website. Your continued use of the website following M+D’s posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the website.
- These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between M+D and you relating to your purchase. M+D advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by M+D. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with M+D. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
For further information or any query on any aspect of our products and services please contact us on:
M+D Electrical Distributors (1995) Ltd, Ramsay Brow, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4BS
Tel: 01900 66217
Fax: 01900 605663
E-mail: Email protected