By Ecotek - The Classic 6 Way USB Standby Saver as seen on DRAGONS DEN, Saves Money and Energy!
Your business could reduce energy waste tomorrow. The larger the business - the larger the saving
By installing a single USB Standby Saver
, the cost can be recouped in months.About USB Standby Saver
WHATS THE REAL ENERGY COST OF EACH COMPUTER STATION ???
- Unlike other products on the market, Standby Saver completely cuts off power to all appliances plugged into it.
- Standby Saver is easy to use and comes ready to go.
- The USB version operates via a USB port on your home or office PC and uses intelligent technology to detect when your PC closes down.
- Once your PC has closed down Standby Saver cuts the power to all appliances plugged into it.
- Standby Saver is a 6-way electrical extension with two ‘switchable’ sockets allowing flexibility for appliances which may need to remain powered e.g. a router.
- Standby Saver satisfies all applicable safety standards and carries the British Gas ‘Energy for Tomorrow' badge endorsement.
- Standby Saver is boxed with a lead suitable for USB applications plus easy to use instructions.
Standby power usage of a single computer station when left plugged in and not in use:
- 16 hrs per day for 5 working days = 90 hrs
- 24 hrs per day for two weekend days = 48 hrs
- 7 days total = 138 hrs
- Standby power usage per week: 138 hrs x 32W = 4,416 Wh
- 52 weeks a year: 4416Wh x 52 weeks = 230 kWh
- Cost of standby power at 13.5 pence* per kWh = £31per annum
- Annual saving using Standby Saver = £31 per annum per computer
- C02 equivalent is 100kg per annum.
- This estimate excludes holiday periods e.g. Christmas when computers are on standby for longer.
- *average cost per kWh